Well this is a new challenge. It is called the Vogue Parody 73 question challenge. I’ve never heard of it before now. Thank you Mya Taylor, from The Gathering Place, for introducing me to this and for nominating me for this unique challenge. I gladly accept. This challenge is a “take” on the Vogue Magazine Series which interviews celebrities and other public figures. The questions give readers an interesting peek at some of your quirks, likes, dislikes, and loves.
- What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I don’t usually go to Starbucks to often, but when I do, I usually order a grande chai tea.
2. What does your workstation look like?
I like controlled chaos. To others it may look like a mess, but I actually know exactly where everything is and it is all within arm’s reach.
3. Favourite food?
Food in general. I love to eat and I love to try new things. Popcorn is always a priority though.
4. Favourite author?
Hmmmmm. That depends on my mood. I love Anne Rice and Dan Brown. I love murder mysteries and spy novels, as well as true and historical books about spies and espionage.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Nope. Not my thing at all.
6. What is your favourite video game?
I don’t play video games.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Something decadent and chocolate.
8. Favourite movie?
Again, it depends on my mood. There are so many great movies out there. I think I would have to say “The Great Escape” though. My dad and I used to watch that together all the time.
9. Favourite book?
I read everything. I don’t really have a favorite book because I read everything that comes my way.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
I don’t do either.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Both. I can take a laptop with me anywhere I go.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Be true to yourself, no matter what.
13. What project are you working on right now?
We just finished re-painting the inside of our house. That was a pretty big ordeal. We are slowly but surely getting our house back to normal.
14. Favorite color?
I actually have 3 favorite colors – blue, green and purple – the colors of the ocean.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Always. School was very easy for me. I love to learn and always have.
16. Dream job?
A dive master.
17. Play any sports?
I have always been into sports. My favorites are tennis, swimming and scuba diving, but growing up I also played a lot of soccer too. I was and still am very active in all sports.
18. Do you have a degree?
I have a few. I have my Associates of Arts degree, a BA in English Literature, a culinary arts degree and a paralegal degree.
Heinz 57 American mutt. My dad was originally from Melbourne, Australia.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
Since I have many interests, I am interested in many different kinds of blogs.
21. What do you like to collect?
Cookbooks. I have well over 600 and counting. I was told once you never have your last cookbook. These words have helped shaped who I am today.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Complex, honest, wet
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
Rap is not my thing.
24. Who was the last person you DM?
I don’t understand the question.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
Well, I am off to Spain in just a couple of days, so I would say going to Spain.
26. Sorting house?
?????? I like to shake things up a bit, so the one that has the most mischief.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Good health and my loving husband and all our four-legged fur babies.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Our trip to Spain.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Today is only just starting. Who knows what’s going to happen.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favourite season?
Fall. I love the changing of the colors and the cool crisp air.
33. Favourite holiday?
Thanksgiving. It’s all about getting together with family and friends and being thankful for what you have.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
I am a chameleon, so that would change as I change.
35. Do you like surprises?
Sort of. I like the idea of surprises, but I like to be prepared for them.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
After my husband proposed to me, he had my ring hidden in the Christmas tree.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I am not a crier. I can’t think of anything.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
I get to anxious and can’t really surprise anyone. I want to share things right away.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes, but I don’t eat them to often.
40. Do you cook often?
All the time. I love to cook and to entertain. In fact, just recently, by Mya Taylor in fact, I was lovingly called “a beast in the kitchen”. I like it.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Cookies, of any kind. I like them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert … there are the perfect snack for anytime of the day.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Cheesecake. I am not a big cheese person at all.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Liver and cottage cheese are the ONLY 2 things I will NEVER eat under any circumstances, no matter how hungry I am.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Nothing really. I am probably in the kitchen cooking what I’ll be eating later.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Common sense for dummies.
48. Best animated film?
Finding Nemo or Shrek.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
When my husband proposed to me, he took me up in a hot air balloon and proposed in the balloon.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
I love Mya’s answer – Be yourself! Period!
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Loose your cool.
52. Best comic book character?
Batman and Robin
53. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
my wallet, my keys, my sunnies (sunglasses)
54. Favourite drink?
55. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
WOW!!!! Tough question. I love history, and there are so many great people in history. I can’t decide.
56. Kittens or puppies?
Both. I have 2 cats and 2 Saint Bernards.
57. Favourite sushi roll?
Something with ahi tuna.
58. What lipstick do you use?
I rarely wear makeup anymore, since I am always in the pool.
59. What foundation do you use?
Same answer as #58.
60. Blow dry or air dry?
61. Who is your fashion icon?
62. Favourite Disney Character?
63. What are you doing tomorrow?
Teaching my classes, teaching some private swim lessons and packing for Spain.
64. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
65. Movie that made you cry?
Any movie where the dog dies will make me cry.
66. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Jon Bon Jovi
67. If your life was a song what would the title be?
“I Did It My Way”
68. What’s your favourite animal?
Dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, dolphins, sharks, whales, turtles, jaguars, tigers, etc.
69. Favourite illustrator?
There are so many it’s hard to choose just one.
70. The person you want to have coffee with?
Gosh. That would be a very long list of people.
71. What country would you like to visit?
I have a very long bucket list of places I want to go. I love, love, love to travel.
72. Best way to decompress?
A glass or two of some good wine with some great music in the background. To decompress, I would go with smooth jazz.
73. What gets you pumped up?
Any fun adventure or fun activity.
I liked Goldie’s answer to one her recent blogging awards, and instead of nominating a whole bunch of people, I am only going to nominate a couple. This is always the hardest part for me, because there are so many great blogs and bloggers out there. So, by now, you all know me fairly well. Now it is your turn to tell me more about you. I really would like to get to know each and every one of you better, but for now, these are my nominees.