More sunshine has come my way, in the form of another Sunshine Blogger Award nomination. This time it comes from my friends over at Brother’s Campfire. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am honored yet again to be nominated for this award. It is always a big honor, because it tells me that in my own small way, I am making a difference and bringing a little sunshine to others as well through my blog, “A Jeanne in the Kitchen”.
As for the Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s an award given by bloggers to other bloggers they find creative, talented and entertaining. Generally, it’s a great way of opening yourself to the community as well as to your readers, since you need to answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you. Moreover, you then write your own 11 creative questions and nominate up to 11 additional bloggers that need to do the same.
The questions that were asked of me:
- How many days would you last in solitary confinement? How would you pass the time?
I don’t think this would really be much of an issue for me. Even though I am by nature very social and gregarious, I am also an only child, and can easily find ways to entertain myself and pass the time.
2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
When I was really young, I did not understand how television worked, and I thought that the actors were actually somehow inside the TV.
3. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
Hmmmmmm. I think a little of both.
4. In what area of your life are you immature?
I can be very naive at times. Some also say because I am blunt, that I lack diplomacy. Those both might be considered immature to some.
5. When do you find yourself singing?
I used to sing all the time, but I don’t so much any more. To many years of teaching in pools has ruined my voice.
6. What are you willing to die for?
I am willing to lay down my life fighting for things I strongly believe in, like my freedoms or my country, or my family and loved ones.
7. What job would you be terrible at?
Any job that would keep me stuck doing the same old mundane things day in and day out. I constantly need to learn and grow in order to thrive and prosper.
8. What kind of art do you enjoy most?
Art is subjective. It’s hard to say what will inspire me or speak to me, or when.
9. What is special to you about where you grew up?
I grew up in a community where we all knew our neighbors, and we would all help each other out. This is lacking in society today.
10. What small things make your day better?
You said it. It is the small things. Coming home to all of my fur babies, lovingly greeting me at the door; children playing or laughing; seeing people truly in love and happy.
11. If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have?
These are two completely different and separate things. If all jobs had the same hours and pay, that would not be right or just, and would be very boring and a lot less productive. I say follow your heart and do the things you love, and the money will come.
As I have said many times, there are so many wonderful, fun, creative and provocative blogs out there, which makes it very difficult for me to narrow it down to select those who stand out. Rather than nominating a whole bunch of bloggers, I will stick to just nominating a few. They are:
@rozinaspersiankitchen – She always intrigues and inspires me with her exotic foods.
@cyranny – I love her quick and fun “quickies”.
@ourlittlevalleyhouse – I love all her creative ideas and fun new ways to recreate out of things we all have around the house.
My questions to all of you are:
1. What is your favorite holiday and why?
2. Who would you want to have dinner with and why? It could be anyone, dead or alive, real of fictional.
3. What do you do when not blogging?
4. Do you like animals?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. If you do have pets, are they just pets, or are they part of the family?
7. If time travel was real, would you use it to travel in either the past or the future, or both?
8. Where is your favorite place to visit?
9. What is your favorite type of food?
10. What was your favorite subject to study in school?
11. Would you want to be famous?
Best of luck to all, and to all of you, please keep up all the good work and your great blogs. I think by sharing our thoughts and our worlds we are helping to bring the world together. In our own ways, we all bring a little sunshine to others.