OMG!!!!!! I have just gone through ALL the fabulous entries we had for this year’s 2022 Great Bloggers Bake -Off. WOW!!! Let me just say you all did an amazing job. As usual, you have made my job as judge very difficult indeed. This year we had so many entries. It grows by leaps and bounds every year. This has been our best year yet. All of you outdid yourselves. We had all kinds of great baked goods, ranging from cookies to savory dishes to breads, to cakes and much, much more. All looked totally scrumptious! There were also beautiful poems and special interviews that were greatly appreciated as well. Thank you for ALL the great submissions, whether they be recipes, poems, advice or interviews. I think I have already gained 10 lbs just by looking at everything. A BIG, HUGE THANK YOU to every single one of you. None of this would have been possible without you.
- First I will start with our Most Improved Baker’s Award. This year, it goes to Gary Metcalf, from Bereaved Single Dad at https://bereavedsingledad.blog/ for his Flapjack recipe. Gary has come a long way and has greatly improved since the days when we first started the Bloggers Bake-Off.. Great Job Gary! I am very proud of you. Keep up the great work! 🙂 Gary has gone from Best Efforts to Most Improved. Way to go Gary!!!!!
For the next awards, I have broken it down to the categories of Best Cookies, Best Bread, Best Tarts, Best Savory, Most Creative, and then our #1 overall, Grand Prize Winner
2. For Best Cookies, again, there were quite a few selections from which to choose. Our Runner Up is Brian, from Bushboys World at https://bushboy.blog/ for his Florentines.
and Best Cookies goes to Irene, from My Slice of Mexico at https://mysliceofmexico.ca/ for her Nova Scotia Oat Cakes.
3. Best Savory Dish goes to Jack who can be found at Caramel https://crushedcaramel.wordpress.com/ for his Mushroom, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pie.
4. Best Bread goes to Tandy Sinclair, from Lavender and Lime at https://tandysinclair.com/ for her Seeded Soda Bread Rolls. Tandy is a past winner as well. I love seeing all the repeat contenders. Keep it all coming!
6. Best Tarts goes to Dreamer at Dreamer at https://cinnamondreamer.wordpress.com/ I have a feeling I will be making these myself in the very near future.
7. Best Breakfast Breads go to Milly or Miss Milly Robinson for her berry buns. Oh these look berrilicious!!!!! I do not have a blog site for Milly, but I know Mel knows how to reach her.
8. And now we are coming down to the wire. Who will it be? What will we see?
Both of these lovely ladies are past winners, and both are so creative. Their recipes are always beautiful works of edible art.
For the Most Creative Cake Award, once again, it goes to Robbie Cheadle for her Circus Cake. Robbie has a few websites where you can find her and see what she has been up to: https://robbiesinspiration.wordpress.com/, https://roberta-writes.com/, https://www.robbiecheadle.co.za/. Check her out and congratulate her on her beautiful and creative works of edible art.
And our Grand Prize winner for the 2022 Great Bloggers Bake-Off is …….
Drumroll please. This is Robbie’s winning entry from last year, her Drum Cake.
Sheree, from A View from the Back at, https://viewfromtheback.com/2022/10/15/the-great-bloggers-bake-off-2022/ for her Vegan Nutty Caramel Cake. Yes, it really is a vegan cake. Sheree entered a few different things this year, and it was hard to choose even from just her creations, but this time, her Vegan Caramel Nut Cake came home with the grand prize. CONGRATULATIONS my Friend, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Once again, thank you to ALL of you. We had so many amazing entries this year. You all did a FABULOUS JOB!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and a big round of applause to all of you for a job, or jobs, very well done. This is possible every year because of all of you, your efforts and your support. We all got into the world of blogging to help support each other and this is a spectacular way of showing our love and support for all our fellow bloggers out there. Let’s keep this annual tradition going. I look forward to seeing all of your creative efforts once again next year. Keep up all your great works in the kitchen!
And special thanks to both Mel from Caramel https://crushedcaramel.wordpress.com/ and Gary Metcalf from Bereaved Single Dad at https://bereavedsingledad.blog/. There is so much work and effort that goes on behind the scenes to make this wonderful event happen. Mel and Gary both spend countless hours putting all of this together and they do a fabulous job. Every year it just keeps getting better and better, thanks to both of these two working tirelessly behind the scenes.
Thank you once again for allowing me the great honor of being the judge for this fabulous annual event. Even though my job gets harder and harder each year, because each year we we get more and more scrumptious, mouthwatering entries, I LOVE every bit of it. I am already looking forward to next year and all the delicious treats that we will see. Until then, stay safe, stay well, and I will see you again soon. ‘Til next time, Jeanne.