I was just nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Angie over at
Angie named her blog the way she did because she “wanted it to just be a bunch of stuff that [she], as a mom, would talk about to a friend over coffee.” You should stop by and tell her “hi” . You never know what the topic of the day will be. It’s just friends getting together and chatting over coffee. 🙂 Thank you, thank you, thank you Angie. I am very honored.
Out of all the awards recognizing bloggers, I think this one is the most special and humbling. It is an award given to bloggers from other bloggers who follow you and think you have helped make the world a better place just by doing what you do. It’s truly an honor.
Rules for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Write a blog post on your site displaying the award
- Describe why you started your blog
- Write two pieces of advice for the new bloggers
- Nominate and notify 11-15 other bloggers
Why I Started This Blog:
My blog, “A Jeanne in the Kitchen” was created almost 2 years ago by the suggestion of a dear friend of mine. We were together and chatting in the kitchen while cooking dinner, and I was giving her some suggestions on how to “re-use” some of her leftovers. She said she had never thought of that and that others probably had not either, and that I should start a blog on how to teach people to re-use their leftovers. I thought about it for a bit, and then shortly after, “A Jeanne in the Kitchen” was born. I had no idea what to expect, or if it was even going to get noticed, but because of all of you, it has been growing by leaps and bounds almost since the very beginning. Many thanks to all of you. Without you, none of this would have been possible.
Two Pieces Of Advice For New Bloggers:
- Be sincere, open and honest. Do not write about things you are not familiar with or passionate about. Write about what rocks your world and why. If you are fake or phony, your readers will know. They will not follow you or support you. Be real. Show who you really are. Let your personality shine.
- Don’t take yourself or your blog to seriously. Have fun with it. If you are not having fun with it, that too will show, and your readers will lose interest. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, or to take time off, or to try new things. Incorporate all of that into your blog.
I Nominate The Following Blogs For The Blogger Recognition Award:
Nominating others is always the hardest part for me. There are so many fabulous blogs out there, about all different kinds of things. We are all here to help each other and to grow through that love and support. Because everyone shines in their own unique way, I always have such a hard time pin pointing the few that stand out above the rest. In my eyes, just the fact that you are opening yourself up and being out there is special enough. We all know this is not easy and it takes time to do it right. Because I believe everyone shines in their own way, I like to only choose a few rather than a a lot of bloggers to recognize at any one time. Here is my short list of new bloggers I would like to give a shout out to. Go check them out and stop by to say hi.
Again, many, many thank to Angie over at https://mamacoffeechat.home.blog/. Keep on doing what you do to all of you out there in the world of blogging. 🙂