The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by fellow bloggers to people who are positive and creative and inspire others in the interweb. It is a great award. It is a sign of recognition given to bloggers by other bloggers. It says that what you do matters to others and helps spread a little much needed positivity. In essence, being nominated for this award says you are helping spread a little sunshine into an often dark world. “A Jeanne in the Kitchen” was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Suze, from suziland too or obsolete childhood. Thank you so much. WOW!!!! I am honored, yet again.
The Rules Are:
- Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions (this is the hard part, there are so many great and inspiring bloggers)
My Questions from Suze are:
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
Well …. My name is Jeanne and I have been cooking all my life. My mother had a picture of me helping her cook when I was about 3 years old, and I have been cooking ever since. I became a professional chef in my late 20’s and worked in restaurants for many, many years. “A Jeanne in the Kitchen” just made sense to me.
2. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
HMMMMMM …… Always be true to yourself, no matter what everyone else says or does around you, you have to be true to who you are.
3. What’s your favorite TV/Radio show?
Well, I don’t really watch to a lot of TV. I’ve never really liked TV much, and it has only gotten worse over the years. I don’t really listen to Radio shows, but I love music of all kinds.
4. What are three things you cannot live without?
Family and friends; my four-legged, furry children; and being in and around water.
5. Who is your favorite fictional character?
James Bond 007, Sherlock Holmes, The Bionic Woman (with Lindsay Wagner, back in the 1970’s).
6. What is your most prized possession?
I don’t really have any “prized possessions”. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of things I love, but they are just that, things. If I didn’t have them around me, I would still be just fine.
7. Describe yourself in three words.
Wet, complex, honest
8. What is your favorite place where you have traveled and why is it your favorite?
Tough question. We travel all over the place. I love, love, love to travel. I enjoy most places I go, for different reasons. But if I have to choose just one, I would have to say Cozumel, Mexico, for the best scuba diving in the world.
9. What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
Honesty. I would much prefer someone be honest with me, and tell me something I don’t like or don’t want to hear than have them lie to me by telling me things I like and do want to hear. The worst thing someone can do to me is to lie to me. At least, if they are honest with me, I know where I stand with them.
10. What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)
They are all my favorite posts at the time I write them, and then another one comes along, and changes everything. I will leave you my link, and let everyone choose their own favorite post(s) of mine. You can check out my posts at ajeanneinthekitchen.com I would love your feedback for what YOUR favorite posts are and why you think so.
11. Does your blog have a focus, and if so, what is it?
🙂 🙂 🙂 For my blog to have a focus, that would mean I would have to have a focus. I just kind of go where the wind blows. Although, my blog is all about food and enjoying life, both in and out of the kitchen.
My Questions to you:
- Who is your hero/ role model? Why?
- What is one random thing about you not many people know?
- What makes you laugh?
- What makes you cry?
- What is better, taking a risk or going for a sure thing? Why?
- What is more important to you, money or happiness?
- Can you have both?
- What is your favorite food?
- Are you a morning person or an evening person?
- How did you start your blog? Why?
- If you could start all over again, and start from scratch, would you change anything?
My Nominees are:
Good luck to you all, and thanks for always making the day just a little brighter. Keep on doing what you do. Once again, many, many thanks to Suze from suziland too or obsolete childhood for my nomination.