WOW!!! What can I say? I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award not once, but twice on the same day from Ihagh G. T. from Motivation & Environment and by loveurownlife@loveurownlife as well. WOW!!!! I am doubly honored and thank you both so much. I believe this is my third/fourth nomination. My blog “A Jeanne in the Kitchen” has only been around for a little more than a year, but it is really taking off. People are really reading and liking my blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you. None of this could be possible without all of you.
What is “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
“The Sunshine Blogger Award” is an award given to bloggers by bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
Sunshine Blogger Award rules
1. Embellish your blog with the shiny logo above
2. Give a bunch of thanks to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer the 10 questions you have been asked
4. Give the shiny honor to other bloggers
5. Ask 11 questions
Your Questions to Me
1. What is your real name?
My real name is Jeanne Jones.
2. What is your country of birth?
I was born and raised in Pasadena, CA, in the United States. My mother was an American, from Texas, however my dad emigrated to the United States from Melbourne, Australia, shortly after WWII. They lived in Texas for about 5 years before moving to California, and they stayed there for the rest of their lives.
3. In which country are you residing presently?
I live in the North Denver Metro area of Colorado, in the United States.
4. Which race do you belong to? (Please, I’m no racist.)
I am an American through and through, though I like to call myself a “Heinz 57”. Basically I am a mutt. But truth be told, I am a mixture of both dolphin and mermaid, with some dog thrown in as well.
5. Do you believe in GOD?
6. What religion do you follow?
I am more of a spiritual person than a religious person. My mother was a devout Catholic. My father was agnostic at best, and I was baptized an Episcopalian. I have been to many different churches, but none of their philosophies really resonated with me. I like your answer best, and I believe it really applies to me as well. “My favorite teacher has always been my conscience, even when I have made mistakes—probably, my conscience is guided by a guardian angel”.
7. Which person do you think has impacted humanity or mankind the most?
WOW!!! I don’t have an answer for this. Who knows. It will be someone different, for many different reasons, for everyone.
8. What do you think about the rate at which awards being dished out every day on wordpress.com?
I think it is an honor to be recognized by the blogging community. To me it says we are making an impact on others.
9. If you were to rate wordpress.com platform between 1 star to 10 star, how many stars would you give?
I have never known any other platforms, so to me, it gets a 10.
10. Would you advise people to remain on wordpress.com, or move to a self-hosted platform?
I am very happy with wordpress.com, but people have to make the decisions that are best for them. I cannot make that decision for anyone else.
11. Based on your own belief and criteria, what type of people do you think will be admitted into the kingdom of heaven?
WOW! Loaded question. I am not God. I cannot say who God would allow in to Heaven or what the criteria would be. That is not for me to answer.
My Nominees Are:
Although, I have nominated only 10 bloggers, there are so, so many great bloggers all around, and many, many more whom I enjoy and follow. This is always the hardest part of for me. We are all here to help and support one another. Best of luck to all! If anyone who was not nominated, please feel free to “nominate” yourself, for you deserve this too.
My Question to You:
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?
- Who was your biggest influence on who you are today and why?
- What motivates you?
- What hobbies and/or interests do you have?
- Do you believe in reincarnation?
- Is there life other than life here on Earth?
- Are you the life of the party or do you prefer to keep more to yourself?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, past or present, who would it be and why?
- What is your spirit animal and why?
- If you could change something about yourself, what would it be and why?
Ihagh G. T. from Motivation & Environment and loveurownlife@loveurownlife, thank you both once again for this honor and these nominations.
Best of luck to you all.
“A Jeanne in the Kitchen”