Olive oil is a staple in my kitchen. I go threw tons of olive oil in my kitchen. I always have it and I use it daily, for everything. It is not only a staple in my kitchen, and maybe yours too, but it has been a staple in people’s households for many 1000’s of years, before the time of Christ.
Olive oil was discovered and began to be used thousands of years ago in the classical era when various Mediterranean civilizations (Phoenicians, Greeks, and Romans) began to grow olive trees and extract juice from the olives.
Olive oil is produced in many dry, arid places around the world, but it is said that the olive oil produced in Spain is among the best. Spanish olive oil is considered to be olive oil royalty, although I am sure the Egyptians, Greeks and the Italians might argue and disagree.
Olive oil is very versatile and is used for far more than just cooking. Originally is was produced as the oil for lamps and was used for religious ceremonies. But its uses go far beyond that. Here are a list of other uses for olive oil I bet you never knew about, and I am sure there are many more creative uses that I am not mentioning. Bottom line, olive oil goes way beyond its uses in the kitchen.
- Olive oil was the original “viagara” and is used as a booster or enhancer for those intimate moments. It is thought to boost the blood flow and circulation.
- It is used as a detangler for your messy or hard to control hair.
- It is used as a moisturizer for your skin and helps slow down the aging and wrinkling processes.
- It helps fade and erase stretchmarks during or after pregnancy.
- It helps to ease and lessen the pains of constipation.
- It is an anti-inflammatory.
- You can use it for a natural shaving aid.
- It helps keep your immune system healthy and intact.
- It helps improve your mental state.
- It helps in preventing skin cancer as an after sun protector.
- It helps protect you from the harsh reactions to radiation.
- It is a great make-up remover.
- It helps reduce blood pressure.
- It is great when used as a massage oil
- It moisturizes and conditions your hair too.
- It is used in soaps.
Be good to yourself and indulge in all the goodness of the olives and their oils. You deserve it.
Stay safe and stay well Everyone. ‘Til next time.